Forecasters warn of heavy rain and potential flooding; lightning injures two in NH
A lightning strike at a campground in Tamworth resulted in injuries to two people who required hospital treatment.
The National Weather Service cautioned that flooding is possible across a large section of New Hampshire.
Included in weather advisories were Merrimack, Belknap, Sullivan and Strafford counties; interior and coastal Rockingham county and northern and southern portions of Coos, Grafton, and Carroll counties.
A stormy weather system moved into parts of the state Sunday, bringing scattered heavy thunderstorms with downpours which forecasters said created the potential for flooding.
The National Weather Service said rounds of scattered showers and thunderstorms including heavy rainfall were likely into Monday.
Meteorologists said the weather system stalled over northern New England and could be expected to produce slow-moving showers and thunderstorms with high rainfall amounts.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test