Forecasters warn of heavy rain and potential flooding; lightning injures two in NH
A lightning strike at a campground in Tamworth resulted in injuries to two people who required hospital treatment.
The National Weather Service cautioned that flooding is possible across a large section of New Hampshire.
Included in weather advisories were Merrimack, Belknap, Sullivan and Strafford counties; interior and coastal Rockingham county and northern and southern portions of Coos, Grafton, and Carroll counties.
A stormy weather system moved into parts of the state Sunday, bringing scattered heavy thunderstorms with downpours which forecasters said created the potential for flooding.
The National Weather Service said rounds of scattered showers and thunderstorms including heavy rainfall were likely into Monday.
Meteorologists said the weather system stalled over northern New England and could be expected to produce slow-moving showers and thunderstorms with high rainfall amounts.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Plow drivers learn salt goes a long way - 3
- UPDATE: Nashua, Washington residents killed in separate crashes - 0
- For most, no choice but to hit the roads for stormy holiday travel - 3
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to coastal boaters - 0
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to boaters - 0
- Man crushed by wind-felled tree in Laconia as powerful winds follow frigid air; thousands without power - 0
- Slick roads eyed for holiday - 0
- Granite Staters arrived in Philippines just after typhoon hit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch