Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth driver seriously injured in Rollinsford crash Monday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 2:13 a.m. after a northbound 1999 Mercury Mountaineer, driven by Allen H. Kinsman, 49, of Highland Street in Somersworth, struck a group of trees.
Upon arriving, Kinsman, who was ejected from the severely damaged SUV, was found lying in the road.
As a result, ambulance crews from South Berwick, Maine transported him to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover. He was later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass.
Police Chief Robert Ducharme said in an e-mail that they have not received word of his status of condition.
Rollinsford fighters and members of the Strafford County Technical Accident Reconstruction Team also responded to the scene. Roberts Road was closed from 2:15 to 7:15 a.m., according to police, who continue to investigate the accident.
“Since there were no witnesses to the accident the police are trying to determine the whereabouts of the driver prior to the accident. Police are awaiting toxicology reports from the N.H. State Police Forensics Lab, which is standard procedure for this type of incident,” Ducharme said in an e-mail.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact police at (603) 742-8549.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?