Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth driver seriously injured in Rollinsford crash Monday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 2:13 a.m. after a northbound 1999 Mercury Mountaineer, driven by Allen H. Kinsman, 49, of Highland Street in Somersworth, struck a group of trees.
Upon arriving, Kinsman, who was ejected from the severely damaged SUV, was found lying in the road.
As a result, ambulance crews from South Berwick, Maine transported him to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover. He was later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass.
Police Chief Robert Ducharme said in an e-mail that they have not received word of his status of condition.
Rollinsford fighters and members of the Strafford County Technical Accident Reconstruction Team also responded to the scene. Roberts Road was closed from 2:15 to 7:15 a.m., according to police, who continue to investigate the accident.
“Since there were no witnesses to the accident the police are trying to determine the whereabouts of the driver prior to the accident. Police are awaiting toxicology reports from the N.H. State Police Forensics Lab, which is standard procedure for this type of incident,” Ducharme said in an e-mail.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact police at (603) 742-8549.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing