Home » News » Public Safety
Students warned: 'This drug can cause death'
"We need to make students understand that this drug can cause death in someone else," he said.
Flannigan died Wednesday at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, one of three people who police say overdosed at a performance by German DJ Zedd at the House of Blues in Boston.
As Plymouth State University students moved into the campus of 2,200 students Monday, most said they had heard of "Molly."
A group of 10 students asked about where they had heard about Molly all answered: "Rap music."
"I've heard it's very pure," another said.
"I've heard the rap songs, but it's not safe. I've heard it's equivalent to removing a chunk from your brain," one of the students said.
At New England College in Henniker, senior Parica Mason said she doesn't associate with people who use drugs like Molly.
"You never see people strung out on drugs here," she said. "The parties tend to be more alcohol-based than drug-based, so you rarely hear about drug-related things on campus."
Chris Cotta is a junior at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge.
"I went to a party recently and somebody said, 'Hey, you know, Molly's in town,' and I was like, 'Who's Molly?'" Cotta said.
"It is a college campus, so things do find their way here," he said, "but I've seen people on Molly and I'm not interested."
"Every weekend people smoke pot or go out and drink," said Moore, "and I imagine there are people doing other drugs, but I don't hang around with them."
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, in St. Anne's Church, 26 Emerson Ave., Hampstead.
Union Leader Correspondent Hunter McGee contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'