Home » News » Public Safety
Students warned: 'This drug can cause death'
"We need to make students understand that this drug can cause death in someone else," he said.
Flannigan died Wednesday at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, one of three people who police say overdosed at a performance by German DJ Zedd at the House of Blues in Boston.
As Plymouth State University students moved into the campus of 2,200 students Monday, most said they had heard of "Molly."
A group of 10 students asked about where they had heard about Molly all answered: "Rap music."
"I've heard it's very pure," another said.
"I've heard the rap songs, but it's not safe. I've heard it's equivalent to removing a chunk from your brain," one of the students said.
At New England College in Henniker, senior Parica Mason said she doesn't associate with people who use drugs like Molly.
"You never see people strung out on drugs here," she said. "The parties tend to be more alcohol-based than drug-based, so you rarely hear about drug-related things on campus."
Chris Cotta is a junior at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge.
"I went to a party recently and somebody said, 'Hey, you know, Molly's in town,' and I was like, 'Who's Molly?'" Cotta said.
"It is a college campus, so things do find their way here," he said, "but I've seen people on Molly and I'm not interested."
"Every weekend people smoke pot or go out and drink," said Moore, "and I imagine there are people doing other drugs, but I don't hang around with them."
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, in St. Anne's Church, 26 Emerson Ave., Hampstead.
Union Leader Correspondent Hunter McGee contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 11
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072