Thomas Sowell: Obama is a truly great phony
The man was indeed a very talented phony. He could convince almost anybody of almost anything — provided that they were not already knowledgeable about the subject.
Incidentally, he did not get the grant he applied for.
One presidential gaffe in particular gives the flavor, and suggests the reason, for many others. It involved the Falkland Islands.
It so happens that the Maldives are thousands of miles away from the Malvinas. The former are in the Indian Ocean, while the latter are in the South Atlantic.
The presidential gaffe that struck me when I heard it was Barack Obama's reference to a military corps as a military "corpse." He is obviously a man who is used to sounding off about things he has paid little or no attention to in the past. His mispronunciation of a common military term was especially revealing to someone who was once in the Marine Corps, not Marine "corpse."
One wonders how he will laugh when all his golden promises about Obamacare turn out to be false and a medical disaster. Or when his foreign policy fiascoes in the Middle East are climaxed by a nuclear Iran.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: I'm with Washington Post on school choice - 0
- Thomas Sowell : Where liberalism creates $1.5 million starter homes - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: Why we sued to overturn NH's education tax credit - 5
- David Harsanyi: No, the right doesn’t want you to get sick and die - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama’s lame sock hop with Putin - 2
- Your Turn, NH -- Suraj K. Budathoki: I am at last happy, for I am at last an American - 1
- Deroy Murdock: How red tape slows one life-saving drug's path to market - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The zealots win again - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing