Thomas Sowell: Obama is a truly great phony
The man was indeed a very talented phony. He could convince almost anybody of almost anything — provided that they were not already knowledgeable about the subject.
Incidentally, he did not get the grant he applied for.
One presidential gaffe in particular gives the flavor, and suggests the reason, for many others. It involved the Falkland Islands.
It so happens that the Maldives are thousands of miles away from the Malvinas. The former are in the Indian Ocean, while the latter are in the South Atlantic.
The presidential gaffe that struck me when I heard it was Barack Obama's reference to a military corps as a military "corpse." He is obviously a man who is used to sounding off about things he has paid little or no attention to in the past. His mispronunciation of a common military term was especially revealing to someone who was once in the Marine Corps, not Marine "corpse."
One wonders how he will laugh when all his golden promises about Obamacare turn out to be false and a medical disaster. Or when his foreign policy fiascoes in the Middle East are climaxed by a nuclear Iran.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wayne F. Lesperance Jr.: Republicans are poised to win the Senate... maybe - 2
- George Will: The fictitious war on women - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Irresponsible 'education' - 3
- Our Constitution is crumbling and few seem to care - 4
- Can the administration handle an outbreak as well as Hollywood thinks it can? - 6
- George Will: Tackled by the speech police - 1
- Another View -- Steve Merrill: NH needs Walt Havenstein's Pledge 2.0 - 2
- NH's fantasy budgeting has got to end - 4
- Pat Buchanan: Goodbye, Columbus - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy
After riots, soul-searching begins