Thomas Sowell: Obama is a truly great phony
The man was indeed a very talented phony. He could convince almost anybody of almost anything — provided that they were not already knowledgeable about the subject.
Incidentally, he did not get the grant he applied for.
One presidential gaffe in particular gives the flavor, and suggests the reason, for many others. It involved the Falkland Islands.
It so happens that the Maldives are thousands of miles away from the Malvinas. The former are in the Indian Ocean, while the latter are in the South Atlantic.
The presidential gaffe that struck me when I heard it was Barack Obama's reference to a military corps as a military "corpse." He is obviously a man who is used to sounding off about things he has paid little or no attention to in the past. His mispronunciation of a common military term was especially revealing to someone who was once in the Marine Corps, not Marine "corpse."
One wonders how he will laugh when all his golden promises about Obamacare turn out to be false and a medical disaster. Or when his foreign policy fiascoes in the Middle East are climaxed by a nuclear Iran.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Real bribery at the voting booth - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic - 0
- Rep. Stephen Shurtleff: What NH can accomplish when we cooperate in Concord - 2
- Brian Bouchard's NH Legal Perspective: Cloudy with a chance of trade secret forfeiture - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- John Stossel: Making legal immigration easier would help America - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 6
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem