Thomas Sowell: Obama is a truly great phony
The man was indeed a very talented phony. He could convince almost anybody of almost anything — provided that they were not already knowledgeable about the subject.
Incidentally, he did not get the grant he applied for.
One presidential gaffe in particular gives the flavor, and suggests the reason, for many others. It involved the Falkland Islands.
It so happens that the Maldives are thousands of miles away from the Malvinas. The former are in the Indian Ocean, while the latter are in the South Atlantic.
The presidential gaffe that struck me when I heard it was Barack Obama's reference to a military corps as a military "corpse." He is obviously a man who is used to sounding off about things he has paid little or no attention to in the past. His mispronunciation of a common military term was especially revealing to someone who was once in the Marine Corps, not Marine "corpse."
One wonders how he will laugh when all his golden promises about Obamacare turn out to be false and a medical disaster. Or when his foreign policy fiascoes in the Middle East are climaxed by a nuclear Iran.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Deadline set for identifiers on for-profit MADD donation bins in NH - 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Div. II Hockey Championship: Bedford makes it perfect for third straight - 0
- Div. II Boys' Basketball Championship: It's back-to-back for Pembroke - 0
- Div. IV Boys' Basketball Championship: Stanley, Epping boys rally past Sunapee - 0
- College Basketball: Albany men take America East title - 0
- Slebodnick, Cornell women fall short in NCAAs - 0
- Edelman will re-sign with Patriots - 0
- Chace, Team USA win second straight Paralympic hockey gold - 0
- GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity - 1
- Man ID'd as kissing sailor in iconic Times Square photograph dies at 86 - 0
NH Supreme Court: Protecting police from liability more important than rights of man wrongly accused of rape
14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep
'Hometown Hottie' indicted on drug charges
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown announces exploratory committee for US Senate run
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity