Thomas Sowell: Obama is a truly great phony
The man was indeed a very talented phony. He could convince almost anybody of almost anything — provided that they were not already knowledgeable about the subject.
Incidentally, he did not get the grant he applied for.
One presidential gaffe in particular gives the flavor, and suggests the reason, for many others. It involved the Falkland Islands.
It so happens that the Maldives are thousands of miles away from the Malvinas. The former are in the Indian Ocean, while the latter are in the South Atlantic.
The presidential gaffe that struck me when I heard it was Barack Obama's reference to a military corps as a military "corpse." He is obviously a man who is used to sounding off about things he has paid little or no attention to in the past. His mispronunciation of a common military term was especially revealing to someone who was once in the Marine Corps, not Marine "corpse."
One wonders how he will laugh when all his golden promises about Obamacare turn out to be false and a medical disaster. Or when his foreign policy fiascoes in the Middle East are climaxed by a nuclear Iran.
READER COMMENTS: 18
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 3
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 21
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 41
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 26
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
- Portsmouth retailer sells goods from across U.S. in a small 'pop-up shop' - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw