Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Lawyers for convicted murderer Breest seeking new trial based on DNA
He also said he likely will ask Breest be released on bail at that time.
Breest was convicted of the 1971 murder of 18-year-old Susan Randall. He currently is incarcerated at Massachusetts Correctional Institute in Shirley, Mass.
Breest’s attorneys claim new DNA tests of scrapings from Randall’s fingernails reveal DNA from Randall and two unidentified men, evidence they say could have led to Breest’s acquittal. The lab excluded Breest as the primary male donor, but was unable to identify or exclude him as the donor of the minor DNA.
“I’ve always known my husband had nothing to do with this,” said Breest’s wife of 42 years, Carole, 69, of Ayer, Mass.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 7
- Derry woman accused of burglaries - 0
- Scam artists calling PSNH customers, demand money - 0
- Manchester police investigate home invasion on Merrimack Street - 0
- Nashua man arrested on domestic violence charges - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Earnings lift S&P 500 and Nasdaq - 0
- Job fair in Littleton - 0
- BIA to honor business leaders - 0
- Health care — a team approach - 0
- Earth Day is more like Earth Daze - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917