Home » News » Public Safety
Washington vacationer injured while jet skiing on Lake Winnisquam
Rescue crews were called at 3:16 p.m. to 27 Lower Waldron Road after authorities received several reports of a water skier down in the water, said Fire Chief Ken Jones.
The victim, Shawn Jeffries, 40, of Aberdeen, Wash., had been helped on to another pontoon boat by local boaters. Rescue crews loaded him aboard their boat and carried him to shore, where he was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia.
Jeffries was in stable condition, having likely suffered a broken femur and some other minor injuries.
“The wake board struck him while he was riding it; it caught him in the body somehow,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 18
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'