Home » News » Public Safety
No one injured after sailboat capsizes in Milton Three Ponds
MILTON – A fellow boater came to the rescue of a local man after the wind overturned his small sailboat near the town beach Wednesday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 2:22 p.m. to the beach at 852 White Mountain Highway – Route 125 – after the boat capsized in Milton Three Ponds.
By the time they arrived, the man was already rescued, according to Milton fire Lt. Jarrod Wheeler.
“We never actually went into the water,” Wheeler said, adding both the fire and police boats responded as a precaution.
The man did not appear injured and refused treatment, according to Wheeler.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 1
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 4
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal