Home » News » Public Safety
No one injured after sailboat capsizes in Milton Three Ponds
MILTON – A fellow boater came to the rescue of a local man after the wind overturned his small sailboat near the town beach Wednesday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 2:22 p.m. to the beach at 852 White Mountain Highway – Route 125 – after the boat capsized in Milton Three Ponds.
By the time they arrived, the man was already rescued, according to Milton fire Lt. Jarrod Wheeler.
“We never actually went into the water,” Wheeler said, adding both the fire and police boats responded as a precaution.
The man did not appear injured and refused treatment, according to Wheeler.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth