Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Vehicles stolen and set on fire
This 2013 Ford F250 was taken from the Holiday Inn Express lot at 1298 South Willow Street on Aug. 21. It was found on Wednesday in the wooded area off Goffstown Road. Police said the catalytic converter was removed.
All were stolen after owners left keys in the vehicles overnight, said police Lt. Maureen Tessier.
The thieves drove the vehicles to city parks or a deserted West Side area and set ablaze, destroying the vehicles.
“It sounded like a huge explosion,” said Loomis, who said she was startled about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday as she was trying to sleep. “It shook the foundation of my house.” She said smaller explosions followed, as well as a lengthy horn blast.
• A 2010 Honda Fit stolen from an Erskine Avenue residence overnight Wednesday. It was set on fire at the Stevens Pond boat ramp on Bridge Street. Witnesses said they saw a large pickup truck nearby. The pickup matched the description of a truck stolen from a Benjamin Street home that night.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Total Votes: 917