Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Woman robbed at gunpoint in Manchester
MANCHESTER – Bystanders recovered the purse of a woman who was robbed at gunpoint Wednesday night on Beech Street, but they were unable to catch the thief.
Police said a 20-year-old woman was robbed about 8 p.m. as she was walking near Beech Street School, 333 Beech St.
The woman said a man approached her and asked for the time and a cigarette. Suddenly, he pulled out a large black handgun, pointed it at her and demanded her purse.
Once he had it, he ran off and several bystanders chased after them. He eluded them, but they recovered the woman's purse. Her cell phone and some cash were missing from it.
The robber is described as a heavyset white man, about 5-foot-10, 18 to 20 years old with brown facial hair. He wore a dark ball cap, white tank top and dark jeans.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 634-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Mother asks judge for a break in her bail - 0
- Wakefield woman helps track alleged burglars - 0
- Three get prison for passing bad checks at Tilton outlets - 0
- Inmate indicted in 2009 kidnapping, rape of woman - 0
- Smuggling drugs into Berlin prison an escalating problem - 0
- Assistant AG cites suspended County Attorney Reams' 'shocking behavior' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
- Retail sales up but stocks drop - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424