Hooksett moves toward deal with Pinkerton on high school students
Anderson said Wednesday that with enrollment at Pinkerton expected to decrease by 500 students in 10 years, overcrowding should not be a concern.
The School Board also reversed course during Tuesday's meeting by voting to explore a multi-school contract in a close 3-2 vote. Along with School Board Vice Chairman David Pearl, John Lyscars and Phil Denbow voted to look into entering multiple contracts with multiple school districts. "I would say that it was reconsidered based upon the prompting of the superintendent, who said that if the Pinkerton contract is finalized and up to 75 students allowed to attend other schools, it would be better to have contracts with other districts stipulating things like how many students they could take and how much tuition will cost," Pearl said.
Korkosz said that the Pembroke, Bow and Londonderry high schools are all candidates for small-scale agreements with Hooksett.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warner officials research solar energy project - 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383