Home » News » Public Safety
Child hurt in Laconia boating mishap
LACONIA — A child was seriously hurt in a boating accident Thursday afternoon, authorities said.
A medical helicopter was heading to the scene just after 3:30 p.m., off Parade Road, to take the child, believed younger than a teenager, to a hospital, according to Deputy Fire Chief Deborah Pendergast.
The child sustained a serious leg injury in the water when a boat went by and there apparently was “contact between the child and the boat motor” around 3:15 p.m., she said.
The accident happened in a private marina that was part of a gated community called SouthDown Shores & Longbay
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
- Body of missing NH man found in Vermont - 0
- Police seeking heroin epidemic answers - 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
- Ice-out on WInnipesaukee expected by late next week - 0
- Joe McQuaid - Publisher's Notebook: Veteran newsman Toole returning to fold - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start