Home » News » Public Safety
Child hurt in Laconia boating mishap
LACONIA — A child was seriously hurt in a boating accident Thursday afternoon, authorities said.
A medical helicopter was heading to the scene just after 3:30 p.m., off Parade Road, to take the child, believed younger than a teenager, to a hospital, according to Deputy Fire Chief Deborah Pendergast.
The child sustained a serious leg injury in the water when a boat went by and there apparently was “contact between the child and the boat motor” around 3:15 p.m., she said.
The accident happened in a private marina that was part of a gated community called SouthDown Shores & Longbay
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 5
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 23
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?