Home » News » Public Safety
No rave in at Verizon in Manchester, Mayor Gatsas says
"I thanked him for his efforts," the mayor said. Bechert did not return several calls for comment.
The mayor said he met with Bechert in the last week and the concert "just came up in general conversation." Gatsas said he discussed concerns over "Molly," a form of the hallucinogenic drug Ecstasy. The drug is believed to be responsible for the deaths of Plymouth State University sophomore Brittany Flannigan, 19, of Derry (see related story, Page A5) at the House of Blues nightclub in Boston on Aug. 28 and University of New Hampshire junior Olivia Rotondo, 20, of North Providence, R.I. at a New York City concert Saturday.
Manchester police contacted police in East Stroudsburg, Pa. and Burlington, Vt., where Barstool Blackout Tour recently performed, Lt. Maureen Tessier said. This is routinely done to determine what type of security detail would be needed for the concert, she said.
Manchester police planned to recommend a larger police security detail than normal, but also a greater emergency medical presence at the concert site. East Stroudsburg police said several concert-goers had to be transported to the hospital.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox down Orioles in 10 as Ortiz hits a pair - 0
- Portsmouth stuns Memorial - 0
- High School Sports Round-up - 0
- Milford stuffs Souhegan on final play - 0
- Efficient Bedford beats Winnacunnet - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- GOP attempts to tie Shaheen to old criminal case - 2
- Salem man presented with Polish award - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
Goodell vows domestic violence change