Taps ceremonies set for next week
The Mount Calvary Chapter of the 100 Nights Organization is sponsored by Manchester West High School Navy JROTC and features keynote speaker James E. Koutz, national commander of The American Legion.
Director of the event, former Manchester resident and Vietman era veteran Noel Taylor said the 100 Nights program is a final, fitting tribute to a veteran that should a live sounding of taps rather than the use of a recorded track that often was used at burial services, due to the shortage of buglers.
Anyone interested in learning more about the closing ceremony events or volunteering as a bugler is asked to contact Taylor at email@example.com or visit the website at 100nightsofremembrance.org.
PLYMOUTH — A town-wide yard sale to benefit Housing 4 Our Veterans Funds is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7.
On-site registration costs $15 for home or business sales, $25 for a community site for sellers from outside Plymouth, who will be given a spot at either the NH Electric Cooperative or Lakes Region Community Services Council parking lot, both on Tenney Mountain Highway with off-highway parking.
Cribbage players sought
MANCHESTER — Post 79, the American Legion, is looking for cribbage players to join the Queen City League.
Call Conrad at 232-7985 for more information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warner officials research solar energy project - 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Driver was trying to kill himself