Wallendas to bring their derring-do to Deerfield
DEERFIELD — Though theirs is New England’s oldest family fair, officials in Deerfield still have some new tricks up their sleeves —including a tractor giveaway.
The 137th Deerfield Fair will be held Sept. 26-29. Among the attractions this year will be all the traditional favorites including the Miss Deerfield Pageant, live music and agricultural demonstrations.
But adding an element of chance and excitement, every ticket purchased for the fair will have an entry form to put fairgoers into the running to win a John Deere tractor from J.R. Rosencrantz & Sons. A winner will be chosen at random. The winner goes away the proud owner of a brand new John Deere D105 Lawn Tractor.
But the tractor’s not the only star of the show. This year there will be a stellar lineup of live entertainment including The Flying Wallendas Family Circus.
Led by Tino Wallenda, who learned at the knee of his famous grandfather and engineered many of his stunts, Wallenda and his family team will perform feats of acrobatic derring-do at this year’s fair. Their first show will be Thursday, Sept. 26, at 12:30 p.m. The Wallendas will perform throughout the week.
Magician B.J. Hickman will be on sleight of hand all four days of the fair. Specializing in audience participation tricks, clever deceptions, mind-reading miracles and silly surprises, Hickman’s show is appropriate for all ages.
Also performing at the fair this year is Nicole Murphy; All Together Now!” The Live/Multimedia Beatles Experience; The Jimmy Lehoux Band; Concord Coachmen, a barbershop-style chorus ; and, Jim Barnes balladeer and folk singer.
Among the attractions at the fair will be the Miss Deerfield Fair Pageant Friday, Sept. 27, at 7 p.m. on the main stage with the Little Miss Pageant presented Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013 at 10:30 a.m., also on the main stage.
The demolition derby will also be wowing crowds this year on Sunday, Sept. 29, at 5 p.m. and is included in the admission price of the fair.
Tickets to the fair are $10 and may be purchased online at www.deerfieldfair.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek robber of Nashua convenience store - 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief