Wallendas to bring their derring-do to Deerfield
DEERFIELD — Though theirs is New England’s oldest family fair, officials in Deerfield still have some new tricks up their sleeves —including a tractor giveaway.
The 137th Deerfield Fair will be held Sept. 26-29. Among the attractions this year will be all the traditional favorites including the Miss Deerfield Pageant, live music and agricultural demonstrations.
But adding an element of chance and excitement, every ticket purchased for the fair will have an entry form to put fairgoers into the running to win a John Deere tractor from J.R. Rosencrantz & Sons. A winner will be chosen at random. The winner goes away the proud owner of a brand new John Deere D105 Lawn Tractor.
But the tractor’s not the only star of the show. This year there will be a stellar lineup of live entertainment including The Flying Wallendas Family Circus.
Led by Tino Wallenda, who learned at the knee of his famous grandfather and engineered many of his stunts, Wallenda and his family team will perform feats of acrobatic derring-do at this year’s fair. Their first show will be Thursday, Sept. 26, at 12:30 p.m. The Wallendas will perform throughout the week.
Magician B.J. Hickman will be on sleight of hand all four days of the fair. Specializing in audience participation tricks, clever deceptions, mind-reading miracles and silly surprises, Hickman’s show is appropriate for all ages.
Also performing at the fair this year is Nicole Murphy; All Together Now!” The Live/Multimedia Beatles Experience; The Jimmy Lehoux Band; Concord Coachmen, a barbershop-style chorus ; and, Jim Barnes balladeer and folk singer.
Among the attractions at the fair will be the Miss Deerfield Fair Pageant Friday, Sept. 27, at 7 p.m. on the main stage with the Little Miss Pageant presented Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013 at 10:30 a.m., also on the main stage.
The demolition derby will also be wowing crowds this year on Sunday, Sept. 29, at 5 p.m. and is included in the admission price of the fair.
Tickets to the fair are $10 and may be purchased online at www.deerfieldfair.com.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false