Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Whitey Bulger defends himself in letter from prison, talks of love
In a letter purportedly written by Bulger from prison to someone named Eric Morrison and posted on Radar Online, Bulger in cursive handwriting defends himself and says he’s getting together information for an appeal.
Bulger was found guilty of murder and other counts in August after being captured in Santa Monica in 2011 after 16 years on the run.
Bulger says in the letter that twice in life he offered himself up so his girlfriends could go free. When he was captured, he says, he offered to plead guilty if authorities would let girlfriend and fellow fugitive Catherine Greig go. Authorities declined and she was sentenced to eight years in prison in 2012.
Bulger says he had agreed to plead guilty when captured for a bank robbery in the 1950s, if authorities let his girlfriend at the time go free.
“She was the best thing that happened to me — over 16 years on the run were happiest years of my life — memories sustain me — I expect the worst is yet to come,” he writes, about Greig.
Flemmi, Bulger’s right-hand man, testified against Bulger at trial. Connolly, the FBI agent who worked closely with Bulger, is serving time in a Florida prison for leaking information that led to murders. Bulger says Flemmi was giving information to the FBI while he was still in prison in 1960, and that Connolly and Flemmi conspired against him.
One of the most gruesome parts of Bulger’s trial involved the story of the murder of Debra Hussey, Flemmi’s stepdaughter and lover, who was allegedly using drugs and carelessly talking about Bulger, according to Flemmi. Bulger strangled her and then had Flemmi pull out her teeth.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Total Votes: 917