Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aaron Hernandez pleads not guilty to murder and gun charges
Hernandez was arraigned Friday in front of a packed Fall River courtroom. His mother and fiancee sat in the front row, directly across from nearly a dozen members of the victim’s family, who were dressed in purple, Lloyd’s favorite color.
A judge ordered Hernandez held without bail, after his lawyers announced their intention to argue for bail at a later date. He was indicted last month for murder and five illegal firearms charges, and is next scheduled to appear in Fall River Superior Court for a hearing Oct. 9.
“We’re confident ... Aaron will be exonerated,” said one of his lawyers, Charles Rankin, after the brief arraignment. “Not one shred of evidence has been presented in court.”
District Attorney Samuel Sutter said prosecutors would “absolutely” argue that Hernandez continue to be held.
The ex-NFL star also has become a target of investigations in two other shootings: a July 2012 double homicide in Boston and a February shooting in Florida that left an East Hartford man without an eye.
Surveillance footage shows Hernandez and the two men killed in Boston last summer at the same nightclub hours before the drive-by shooting, law enforcement sources said. Investigators who searched a Bristol home for evidence in the Lloyd case found a car, rented in Hernandez’s name, that matched the description of the vehicle authorities sought in that case. No charges have been filed, but Boston authorities in June searched Hernandez’s North Attleboro mansion.
Alexander Bradley, of East Hartford, filed a civil lawsuit two days after Lloyd’s death that accuses Hernandez of shooting him in the eye outside a Florida nightclub in February. Attorneys representing Hernandez in the civil suit requested a stay pending criminal action in Bristol County, Mass.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 men charged with stealing $210k in cash from Salem home - 0
- Two indicted for possession, intent to sell spice - 0
- Guardianship sought for Middleton man accused in standoff - 0
- Deliberations continue in Dover fatal stabbing trial - 0
- Suspect identified in shooting at Canada's Parliament - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt., teacher - 0
- Teen who struck two Hampton women seeks to overturn license suspension - 0
- Former Londonderry youth football league board member facing theft charge - 0
- Jury convicts Rochester man, three other ex-Blackwater guards in 2007 Baghdad killings - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 2
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 2
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483