Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Duling sentenced to 30 years to life for fatal stabbing
Benjamin Duling, 40, is on trial for two counts of second-degree murder for stabbing to death Shelly McGrade at their Wilton home in April 2008. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/UNION LEADER FILE)
Wearing green prison garb, Duling apologized to his children in a brief statement he made before being sentenced.
His words were hollow and only made to appeal to Judge Diane Nicolosi said Dianne McGrade, sister-in-law of Shelly McGrade.
"It's not a true 'I'm sorry,''' said Dianne McGrade.. "He's not sorry. He just said it because I would assume his lawyer told him to say it."
Duling was found guilty of second-degree murder in January for stabbing Shelly McGrade, 36, to death in their Wilton home on April 18, 2008. The couple had two children together.
During the trial, Duling claimed he acted in self-defense after McGrade confronted him about having an affair with a co-worker.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom - 0
- Nashua couple's minivan stolen with toddler in back seat - 9
- Pelham store robbed Saturday - 0
- Woman charged with attacking fiancÚ, threatening him with a gun - 0
- Two months later, still no answers in killing near Stinson Lake - 0
- Man cited for OHRV use in wetland area in Stewartstown - 0
- $25M suit filed against jail, police by man paralyzed in custody - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917