Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Duling sentenced to 30 years to life for fatal stabbing
Benjamin Duling, 40, is on trial for two counts of second-degree murder for stabbing to death Shelly McGrade at their Wilton home in April 2008. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/UNION LEADER FILE)
Wearing green prison garb, Duling apologized to his children in a brief statement he made before being sentenced.
His words were hollow and only made to appeal to Judge Diane Nicolosi said Dianne McGrade, sister-in-law of Shelly McGrade.
"It's not a true 'I'm sorry,''' said Dianne McGrade.. "He's not sorry. He just said it because I would assume his lawyer told him to say it."
Duling was found guilty of second-degree murder in January for stabbing Shelly McGrade, 36, to death in their Wilton home on April 18, 2008. The couple had two children together.
During the trial, Duling claimed he acted in self-defense after McGrade confronted him about having an affair with a co-worker.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
- Manchester brothers arrested after drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Headlight out leads to pot charges for Merrimack teen and her passenger - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Stocks drift to another record in light trading - 0
- Manchester Internet provider acquired by N.Y. firm - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917