Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Duling sentenced to 30 years to life for fatal stabbing
Benjamin Duling, 40, is on trial for two counts of second-degree murder for stabbing to death Shelly McGrade at their Wilton home in April 2008. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/UNION LEADER FILE)
Wearing green prison garb, Duling apologized to his children in a brief statement he made before being sentenced.
His words were hollow and only made to appeal to Judge Diane Nicolosi said Dianne McGrade, sister-in-law of Shelly McGrade.
"It's not a true 'I'm sorry,''' said Dianne McGrade.. "He's not sorry. He just said it because I would assume his lawyer told him to say it."
Duling was found guilty of second-degree murder in January for stabbing Shelly McGrade, 36, to death in their Wilton home on April 18, 2008. The couple had two children together.
During the trial, Duling claimed he acted in self-defense after McGrade confronted him about having an affair with a co-worker.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917