NHIAA Football: Bedford stuns Pinkerton
Pinkerton's ensuing possession ended when Nathaniel Jaeger intercepted a Jake Froehlich pass with 2:05 to play.
It was Bedford's first Division I game after competing in Division II last season.
Pinkerton running back Manny Latimore rushed for 134 yards on 19 carries, but was bothered by cramps in the second half.
Pinkerton grabbed a 6-0 lead when Latimore scored on a 46-yard run on the first play of the second quarter, but Bedford answered on the ensuing possession. The Bulldogs took over on their own 34 and needed eight plays to find the end zone. Colella scored the TD on an 18-yard run with 7:47 left in the half. McCoole's point-after kick handed Bedford a 7-6 lead.
Pinkerton went up 12-7 on Matt Madden's 1-yard run with 6:55 left in the third, but Pinkerton's offense struggled after that.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice