NHIAA Football: Bedford stuns Pinkerton
Pinkerton's ensuing possession ended when Nathaniel Jaeger intercepted a Jake Froehlich pass with 2:05 to play.
It was Bedford's first Division I game after competing in Division II last season.
Pinkerton running back Manny Latimore rushed for 134 yards on 19 carries, but was bothered by cramps in the second half.
Pinkerton grabbed a 6-0 lead when Latimore scored on a 46-yard run on the first play of the second quarter, but Bedford answered on the ensuing possession. The Bulldogs took over on their own 34 and needed eight plays to find the end zone. Colella scored the TD on an 18-yard run with 7:47 left in the half. McCoole's point-after kick handed Bedford a 7-6 lead.
Pinkerton went up 12-7 on Matt Madden's 1-yard run with 6:55 left in the third, but Pinkerton's offense struggled after that.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 13
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 9
- Margaret Carlson: Is Obamacare challenging enough yet for President Obama? - 4
- George Will: Scott Walker, action figure governor - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: An outbreak of lawlessness - 1
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up