NHIAA Football: Bedford stuns Pinkerton
Pinkerton's ensuing possession ended when Nathaniel Jaeger intercepted a Jake Froehlich pass with 2:05 to play.
It was Bedford's first Division I game after competing in Division II last season.
Pinkerton running back Manny Latimore rushed for 134 yards on 19 carries, but was bothered by cramps in the second half.
Pinkerton grabbed a 6-0 lead when Latimore scored on a 46-yard run on the first play of the second quarter, but Bedford answered on the ensuing possession. The Bulldogs took over on their own 34 and needed eight plays to find the end zone. Colella scored the TD on an 18-yard run with 7:47 left in the half. McCoole's point-after kick handed Bedford a 7-6 lead.
Pinkerton went up 12-7 on Matt Madden's 1-yard run with 6:55 left in the third, but Pinkerton's offense struggled after that.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed