Different era? Not so much for young Londonderry actor
Set in Meriden, a village in the small town of Plainfield, "Down Down the Deep River" tells a coming-of-age tale based on the real-life experiences of Okkervil River frontman Will Sheff, a Plainfield native, who wrote the song and is directing the film.
Several months ago, Mullen's daughter Kate, who directs the summer camp program, learned Okkervil River was seeking a preteen boy to star in the "Down Down the Deep River" video.
Further filming is planned for October and January.
His character, he said, is "being tormented by bullies and a monster is tearing his life away."
"My two favorite things right now are the theater and writing," he said, adding that he hopes to pursue a master's degree in literature while continuing to dance and act.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.