Home » News » Public Safety
Father, daughter hurt in Jaffrey motorcycle crash
Lt. Terry Choate of Jaffrey police said the crash happened near Milliken Road on a "tight curve" that has been the scene of frequent accidents in the past. "It looks like he went off the road and just lost control."
The identity of the two victims was not released Saturday.
The man, who was not wearing a helmet, was more seriously injured and was flown by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. His daughter was wearing a helmet; she was taken by ambulance to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough for evaluation.
The crash happened shortly after 4:30 p.m. as the motorcyclist was heading east on Mountain Road, which is also Route 124.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
- Pittsfield pizza dough company already rebuilding after fire - 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- Manchester school board to take a closer look at lice policy - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 1
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Dunbarton’s $57 million school budget passes