NHIAA Football Roundup: Exeter High gridders ease past Dover
Inzenga, a senior fullback/defensive back, scored three touchdowns during a 10-minute span in the first half to drain all of the suspense from Exeter's season opener against Dover, a game the Blue Hawks won 48-6.
The Blue Hawks, who have won the last two Division I championships, also received touchdown runs from Ryan Kelly (17 yards), Mark Cicchini (60), Ryan Quimby (7) and James Peel (70). Exeter led 14-0 after one quarter, 34-0 at halftime and 41-0 after three quarters. Running time kicked in after Quimby's TD.
Exeter will play at Keene on Saturday night.
"The win is a positive and gives you a little momentum heading into next week," Ball said. "The road gets tougher."
Merrimack 47, Goffstown 20: Connor Bourque had two touchdowns and Casey Gervais threw for 155 yards and two TDs, but it was not enough for Goffstown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false