NHIAA Football Roundup: Exeter High gridders ease past Dover
Inzenga, a senior fullback/defensive back, scored three touchdowns during a 10-minute span in the first half to drain all of the suspense from Exeter's season opener against Dover, a game the Blue Hawks won 48-6.
The Blue Hawks, who have won the last two Division I championships, also received touchdown runs from Ryan Kelly (17 yards), Mark Cicchini (60), Ryan Quimby (7) and James Peel (70). Exeter led 14-0 after one quarter, 34-0 at halftime and 41-0 after three quarters. Running time kicked in after Quimby's TD.
Exeter will play at Keene on Saturday night.
"The win is a positive and gives you a little momentum heading into next week," Ball said. "The road gets tougher."
Merrimack 47, Goffstown 20: Connor Bourque had two touchdowns and Casey Gervais threw for 155 yards and two TDs, but it was not enough for Goffstown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice