Ted Siefer's City Hall: Gatsas touts Craig's appointment to city post
Gatsas also said of Craig: "He's a lifelong resident of Manchester. He's a great communicator. I believe he knows city and state government."
In case you were wondering, Craig has a family connection to Ward 1 Alderman Joyce Craig. Her husband is Jim Craig's first cousin. Still, Craig knows and likes the guy.
- - - - - - -
Alderman Patrick Arnold continues to make crime a central issue in his bid for mayor. On Thursday, his campaign issued a statement proposing a four-point plan to "fight crime in Manchester."
"He's an alderman. I'm shocked he wouldn't bring his proposal to the full board, or at least have the chief take a look at its worthiness," Gatsas said.
The top-line proposal in Arnold's plan is to increase the total police force by three to four officers a year over the next five years.
How's that exactly? "It's a question of priorities," he told me. In other words, money would be reallocated from elsewhere in the budget.
Last week, the aldermen voted to move forward on a $60,000 proposal to rehab Harriman Park, situated in the center city area. As part of the plan, the old basketball courts, which are no longer being used, would be replaced with a parking lot. Maybe there's a lost lyric there.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester residents made it their business to vote - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Teacher patience tested over how students are assessed - 6
- City hall: Police officer residency issue will have to be dealt with - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 6
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Concerns about Ebola part of aldermen's discussion - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester aldermen, public in dark on school intruder - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Report points to more trouble ahead for schools - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was a week of spice, bed bugs, abandoned buildings, gambling - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School starts smoothly, even with unenrolled showing up - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 1
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 1
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers
After the election is over, the signs remain