Ted Siefer's City Hall: Gatsas touts Craig's appointment to city post
Gatsas also said of Craig: "He's a lifelong resident of Manchester. He's a great communicator. I believe he knows city and state government."
In case you were wondering, Craig has a family connection to Ward 1 Alderman Joyce Craig. Her husband is Jim Craig's first cousin. Still, Craig knows and likes the guy.
- - - - - - -
Alderman Patrick Arnold continues to make crime a central issue in his bid for mayor. On Thursday, his campaign issued a statement proposing a four-point plan to "fight crime in Manchester."
"He's an alderman. I'm shocked he wouldn't bring his proposal to the full board, or at least have the chief take a look at its worthiness," Gatsas said.
The top-line proposal in Arnold's plan is to increase the total police force by three to four officers a year over the next five years.
How's that exactly? "It's a question of priorities," he told me. In other words, money would be reallocated from elsewhere in the budget.
Last week, the aldermen voted to move forward on a $60,000 proposal to rehab Harriman Park, situated in the center city area. As part of the plan, the old basketball courts, which are no longer being used, would be replaced with a parking lot. Maybe there's a lost lyric there.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur denies conflict of interest; feathers could fly - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Aldermen see familiar face; MPD 'smacked' for its actions - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Schools, consolidation ideas and tears mark aldermanic session - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Gatsas continues job-consolidation mantra - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Video machines and gambling: What gambling? - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: 'Sexting' episode on Facebook becomes topic in real world - 13
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester Supt. Livingston won't explain modified school standards - 0
- Manchester aldermen go extra, roundabout mile to see firefighter hired - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 14
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it