Ted Siefer's City Hall: Gatsas touts Craig's appointment to city post
Gatsas also said of Craig: "He's a lifelong resident of Manchester. He's a great communicator. I believe he knows city and state government."
In case you were wondering, Craig has a family connection to Ward 1 Alderman Joyce Craig. Her husband is Jim Craig's first cousin. Still, Craig knows and likes the guy.
- - - - - - -
Alderman Patrick Arnold continues to make crime a central issue in his bid for mayor. On Thursday, his campaign issued a statement proposing a four-point plan to "fight crime in Manchester."
"He's an alderman. I'm shocked he wouldn't bring his proposal to the full board, or at least have the chief take a look at its worthiness," Gatsas said.
The top-line proposal in Arnold's plan is to increase the total police force by three to four officers a year over the next five years.
How's that exactly? "It's a question of priorities," he told me. In other words, money would be reallocated from elsewhere in the budget.
Last week, the aldermen voted to move forward on a $60,000 proposal to rehab Harriman Park, situated in the center city area. As part of the plan, the old basketball courts, which are no longer being used, would be replaced with a parking lot. Maybe there's a lost lyric there.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Non-profits seek grants through budget process - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: A dust-up over Common Core, and kudos to custodians - 7
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Hold your horses, Tex; just how weird was it? - 50
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board gives cool nod to STEAM - 13
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester elections held thrill of victory and near victory - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: World Series it wasn't, but debate had some hits - 6
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was a week of finger-pointing in Manchester politics - 67
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Mayoral debate came down to a question of project financing - 9
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Candidate Beauchamp declines to discuss his past - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass