NH expert says Syria strike has big risks politically
A Gallup poll released Friday showed that 51 percent of Americans oppose U.S. intervention in Syria.
New Hampshire's congressional delegation is similar. U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, a Democrat, supports the strikes. Republican U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte hasn't decided, but two of her closest allies in the Senate, Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham, have already indicated their support.
Scala said Obama could cause political calamity for himself should Congress not provide its support and he proceeded with strikes anyway.
"It would surprise me if he goes ahead without the approval of Congress after going to the trouble of consulting with them in the first place," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 23
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 1
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 2
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 82
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 4
- American blessing: The Pilgrims and self-reliance - 20
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
- Has your impression of President Obama's leadership changed as a result of his handling of the Syrian crisis?
- More Positive
- More Negative
- Total Votes: 1661