NH expert says Syria strike has big risks politically
A Gallup poll released Friday showed that 51 percent of Americans oppose U.S. intervention in Syria.
New Hampshire's congressional delegation is similar. U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, a Democrat, supports the strikes. Republican U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte hasn't decided, but two of her closest allies in the Senate, Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham, have already indicated their support.
Scala said Obama could cause political calamity for himself should Congress not provide its support and he proceeded with strikes anyway.
"It would surprise me if he goes ahead without the approval of Congress after going to the trouble of consulting with them in the first place," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Central-Trinity game will resume Jan. 19 - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Has your impression of President Obama's leadership changed as a result of his handling of the Syrian crisis?
- More Positive
- More Negative
- Total Votes: 1661