Home » Opinion » Editorials
Guns for defense: A daily occurrence
Police later arrested Jonathan Rodriguez and charged him with armed robbery (four counts), first degree assault, simple assault, criminal threatening, resisting arrest and falsifying physical evidence. But for Nelson's gun, the attempted robbery might have gone very differently.
The report, written by a team of experts for the National Research Council, was completed in June. But you probably have heard nothing about it. Its conclusions were not to the Obama administration's liking.
The irresponsible and criminal use of firearms is a major problem, to be sure. But it's the user, not the gun, that is the issue - which is why the anti-gun administration let this report slip quietly into obscurity.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal