Home » Opinion » Editorials
Right to know nothing? NH can learn from CMC's lead
CMC could have left it at that. But rather than let rumors spread, Dr. Pepe informed the news media and did a good job of educating the public about a little-known, little-understood disease.
This from the same state government that oversees a state pension system that overpaid two retirees by more than half a million dollars. When a settlement of those cases was announced, we were refused the details until we filed a right-to-know request. Turns out, the pair will repay $40,000, just a fraction of what was overpaid.
They should be equally upset that their government keeps so much public information from them in the first place.
Information like the state knowing for months that Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield's Obamacare offering will exclude a dozen hospitals and related physician offices across the state.
Hassan, captain of what she likes to call our "all hands on deck state," might set a better example of sharing information with the "crew" of the S.S. New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 2
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 6
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 4
- Innis with terrorists? A low blow from Guinta - 2
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 12
- Ryan Pitts: Reluctant hero - 0
- Relief and questions: Abby Hernandez returns home - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 61
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH