Home » Opinion » Editorials
Right to know nothing? NH can learn from CMC's lead
CMC could have left it at that. But rather than let rumors spread, Dr. Pepe informed the news media and did a good job of educating the public about a little-known, little-understood disease.
This from the same state government that oversees a state pension system that overpaid two retirees by more than half a million dollars. When a settlement of those cases was announced, we were refused the details until we filed a right-to-know request. Turns out, the pair will repay $40,000, just a fraction of what was overpaid.
They should be equally upset that their government keeps so much public information from them in the first place.
Information like the state knowing for months that Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield's Obamacare offering will exclude a dozen hospitals and related physician offices across the state.
Hassan, captain of what she likes to call our "all hands on deck state," might set a better example of sharing information with the "crew" of the S.S. New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 3
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 21
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 41
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 26
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Tournament: Bedford, Exeter on Div. I collision course - 0
- Rollinsford's Hill has goals in mind - 0
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 2
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 0
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 17
KSC student facing charges related to riot
2nd CD post-debate 'spin room': Garcia 'shocked' at how many times Kuster interrupted her
Lyndeborough's new Christmas tree destroyed
Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw