Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parkside PTG revs up for big raffle
Of course there are the annual concerns with class sizes and miscommunications, but we all need to be a little patient and give our teachers and administrators time to work out the kinks. They are doing the best they can with the resources they have, and as one fellow parent pointed out, we shouldn't expect our schools to be solely responsible for our children's education.
To purchase your raffle ticket or just make a donation, call 759-0117 or 669-8165 or email email@example.com. Even if you do not purchase a raffle ticket, you can attend the event and participate in some smaller raffles they have planned.
A Bedford mom recently launched a T-shirt line that celebrates something I can relate to — the craziness of raising boys. The Man in Training line by Colette Jurnak features graphics of a blonde boy in various situations of mischief, like presenting a bouquet pulled fresh from the garden, clogging a commode with toys, and riding a toy train down a skateboard ramp.
Fall classes at Manchester Community Music School start this week. There are several new programs, including a drop-in option for the early childhood class and even a prenatal class for expectant moms. Luke Bonner, who works for the Manchester marketing agency Griffin, York and Krause, visited the school to present CEO Jeanine Tousignant with a $1,000 check from The Rock On Foundation, which Bonner founded with his brother, Matt Bonner of the San Antonio Spurs.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Manchester invites individuals, families and businesses to participate in the inaugural Fore the Children Mini Golf Tournament at Legends Golf and Family Recreation in Hooksett on Sunday.
Registration opens at 10:30 a.m. and the tournament and other festivities begin at 11 a.m. To register online, visit www.bbbsmanchester.org.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 4
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition