New Manchester superintendent to offer state of city schools
Topics to be discussed will include class sizes and an update on how the first four days of school went under the new hours-based calendar that has students spending more of the school day learning, Livingston said Friday.
Enrollment figures traditionally are in flux during September as administrators track how many students have withdrawn and entered the school system, she said.Livingston said she set Sept. 13 as the date to tabulate student enrollments for all schools, then make any necessary adjustments to class sizes starting the following week.
Livingston said Friday that “we feel we are doing well at our high schools,” but “we need to look at what to do at some of our elementary classrooms.”
She said she could not comment further, since enrollment figures are changing daily.
Livingston said the start of classes on Sept. 5 went smoothly.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- More than 1,800 people attend calling hours for Marine - 5
- Greenfield family receives body of Garabrant, veterans offer tribute to Marine killed in Afghanistan - 3
- Fallen Marine to return to NH on Saturday; calling hours, service set for next week in Peterborough - 0
- Monadnock area family of killed Marine travels to Delaware for arrival of body - 0
- ISIS' victories may win it recruits from rival Syrian rebel groups - 0
- Bomb kills NH Marine - 2
- NH Marine killed by roadside bomb in Afghanistan - 7
- General: Iraq asks U.S. for air support to stop rebels - 0
- U.S. cuts embassy staff in Baghdad as insurgents approach Iraqi capital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release