New Manchester superintendent to offer state of city schools
Topics to be discussed will include class sizes and an update on how the first four days of school went under the new hours-based calendar that has students spending more of the school day learning, Livingston said Friday.
Enrollment figures traditionally are in flux during September as administrators track how many students have withdrawn and entered the school system, she said.Livingston said she set Sept. 13 as the date to tabulate student enrollments for all schools, then make any necessary adjustments to class sizes starting the following week.
Livingston said Friday that “we feel we are doing well at our high schools,” but “we need to look at what to do at some of our elementary classrooms.”
She said she could not comment further, since enrollment figures are changing daily.
Livingston said the start of classes on Sept. 5 went smoothly.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383