New Manchester superintendent to offer state of city schools
Topics to be discussed will include class sizes and an update on how the first four days of school went under the new hours-based calendar that has students spending more of the school day learning, Livingston said Friday.
Enrollment figures traditionally are in flux during September as administrators track how many students have withdrawn and entered the school system, she said.Livingston said she set Sept. 13 as the date to tabulate student enrollments for all schools, then make any necessary adjustments to class sizes starting the following week.
Livingston said Friday that “we feel we are doing well at our high schools,” but “we need to look at what to do at some of our elementary classrooms.”
She said she could not comment further, since enrollment figures are changing daily.
Livingston said the start of classes on Sept. 5 went smoothly.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 4
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election