New Manchester superintendent to offer state of city schools
Topics to be discussed will include class sizes and an update on how the first four days of school went under the new hours-based calendar that has students spending more of the school day learning, Livingston said Friday.
Enrollment figures traditionally are in flux during September as administrators track how many students have withdrawn and entered the school system, she said.Livingston said she set Sept. 13 as the date to tabulate student enrollments for all schools, then make any necessary adjustments to class sizes starting the following week.
Livingston said Friday that “we feel we are doing well at our high schools,” but “we need to look at what to do at some of our elementary classrooms.”
She said she could not comment further, since enrollment figures are changing daily.
Livingston said the start of classes on Sept. 5 went smoothly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bridge that connects Nashua with Merrimack will be closed for 15 months - 0
- Route 12A reopened to alternating one-way traffic - 0
- Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal - 0
- Wider I-293 may have to wait without more toll revenue - 0
- I-293: A plan to make it better through Manchester - 4
- Dover’s winter parking ban begins Dec. 1 - 0
- Rockingham Road to reopen Wednesday - 0
- Manchester’s winter parking ban goes into effect Dec. 1 - 0
- Public gets look at new Sarah Long bridge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112