Boston bombing victims to be remembered at 9/11 event in Rindge
Remember to Remember September 11 is a reading of the names of the 2,977 people who were killed by the terrorist attack against the United States on Sept. 11, 2001, and has been taking place at the outdoor cathedral every Sept. 11 since 2008.
In the years following the attack he helped organize the recording of the names that are now played at Sept. 11 memorials across the country.
“That’s something we’ve all agreed to do. The marathon people killed will become part of what we do,” he said.
“So I will read their names just prior to the reading of the Sept. 11 names and this is sort of in the tradition of Memorial Day as the years went by and the wars went by Memorial Day grew and grew,” he said. “Anytime an American is killed on American soil by a terrorist attack we will add those people’s names to the memorial. This is part of what we have to live with now.”
“Even if it’s just 15 minutes, come by and pay your respects for a few minutes,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester schools cut classes short for Wednesday due to weather - 2
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Enrollments declining in Hudson, but school budget increases still expected - 0
- New NHIA president painting a picture of expansion - 0
- Former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be president of Franklin Pierce College - 3
- Students prepare to set sail at Tri-City Christian Academy - 0
- Local teacher makes trip to arctic - 0
- Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated - 7
- Scholar of the Month: Plymouth junior operates on 'full-sprint theory' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket