Boston bombing victims to be remembered at 9/11 event in Rindge
Remember to Remember September 11 is a reading of the names of the 2,977 people who were killed by the terrorist attack against the United States on Sept. 11, 2001, and has been taking place at the outdoor cathedral every Sept. 11 since 2008.
In the years following the attack he helped organize the recording of the names that are now played at Sept. 11 memorials across the country.
“That’s something we’ve all agreed to do. The marathon people killed will become part of what we do,” he said.
“So I will read their names just prior to the reading of the Sept. 11 names and this is sort of in the tradition of Memorial Day as the years went by and the wars went by Memorial Day grew and grew,” he said. “Anytime an American is killed on American soil by a terrorist attack we will add those people’s names to the memorial. This is part of what we have to live with now.”
“Even if it’s just 15 minutes, come by and pay your respects for a few minutes,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- After hand injury, Manchester spa owner didn't think she would ever be able to work again - 0
- Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change